Growing Bolder is the world’s leading producer of active adult lifestyle programming. With a TV show airing nationwide on public broadcasting stations, a radio show airing on public radio stations and available on all leading podcast platforms, a nationally distributed magazine and a robust and popular social media presence, Growing Bolder stories reach millions of consumers each year.
As Growing Bolder’s community manager, you’re the go-to person for ensuring the members and followers of Growing Bolder feel welcomed, listened to and valued. You’re nimble, able to think on your feet and willing to go outside of your day-to-day duties to carry out the mission of Growing Bolder. You’re a team player with a keen eye for detail and a highly organized workflow. Above all, you believe in the power of bringing people together and empowering them to believe the rest of their life can be the best of their life.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a combination of outbound evangelism as well as the care and nurturing of community members. This individual will act as a liaison between the organization and the community and will be responsible for helping build a loyal community of users.
Primary responsibilities include developing roadmaps and go-to-market strategies for launch of new services, both online and offline. This individual will evaluate and implement technologies and processes to support member services and marketing campaigns.
- Supervising member support programs to ensure we provide timely, accurate and professional interaction and support to all members and visitors
- Developing outposts to recruit new members
- Soliciting feedback from community members to identify unmet needs and develop new services
- Supervise the monitoring of user-generated content to ensure that it conforms to community standards
- Providing demonstrations of the community’s web tools
- Creatively problem solve and troubleshoot member concerns/issues.
Social Media Engagement
- Respond to comments and messages across all social media platforms
- Create, manage and monitor Facebook groups for local Growing Bolder chapters
- Stay in tune with trends within the community and make recommendations for new content
- Manage Facebook event pages for all upcoming GB events
- Post new articles, videos and stories to GrowingBolder.com
- Keep the homepage updated daily with fresh content
- Ensure all pertinent information related to events and member opportunities remains current
Tracking & Reporting
- Work with marketing director to provide weekly social and website reports
- Provide event recaps and/or full reports after each event or activation
- Organize and coordinate local events at partner locations throughout Florida
- Recruit teams of brand ambassadors in key markets to spread the Growing Bolder message and assist with local events
- Research event opportunities for brand exposure throughout Florida
- Coordinate logistics of each local event and activation, and assist with logistics of larger Growing Bolder events
- A degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related fields is preferred, and prior experience is required
- Fluency in Spanish not required but bilingual abilities are a plus
- Experience building and managing Facebook groups
- Understanding of WordPress and basic website updates
- Experience with Sprout Social (preferred)
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with analytic tools on platforms such as Google, Facebook and other social platforms
- Experience managing brand/business social media channels
This is a full-time position based in Orlando, Florida, and includes salary and a competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should contact Jackie Carlin, Executive Vice President-Editorial, at firstname.lastname@example.org.