Click below to purchase a digital copy of the January 2018 Special Issue of Growing Bolder Magazine: The Power of Creative Engagement for just $2.99.
Want future issues of Growing Bolder Magazine delivered to your front door? Click here to subscribe!
Art is Life, pages 6-9
— Want to learn more about 94-year-old abstract artist Harold Garde? Click here to step inside his studio. We were also honored to be by his side as a museum celebrated one of his largest paintings. Click here to see the larger-than-life masterpiece. We first met Garde when he was 85 years old. Click here to watch our first visit with this American treasure.
— This article also quotes the late gerontologist Gene Cohen, Ph.D., whose lifelong research proved a positive connection between aging and the arts. Click here to listen to our Growing Bolder Radio conversation with Dr. Cohen, one of his final interviews before he died of prostate cancer at the age of 65.
Winter Park’s Inspiring New Mission, pages 10-23
— In this issue, Growing Bolder explores Winter Park, Florida, a city dedicated to bringing arts and culture to all. A great place to get started to learn more about the city’s thriving art scene is on the City of Winter Park’s site dedicated to the arts. Click here to learn more about Winter Park’s Arts & Culture Subcommittee of the Public Art Advisory Board, including a calendar of events featuring a wide variety of art exhibits, performances and much more.
Click on the names of the following arts organizations to learn more about each of these community treasures:
- The Annie Russell and Fred Stone Theaters
- The Winter Park Autumn Art Festival
- The Bach Festival Society of Winter Park
- The Blue Bamboo Center for the Arts
- Casa Feliz Historic Home Museum
- The Cornell Fine Arts Museum and the Alfond Inn
- The Crealdé School of Art and the Hannibal Square Heritage Center
- The Winter Park History Museum
- The Winter Park Public Library
- Mead Botanical Garden
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art
- The Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Garden
- The Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival
- The Winter Park Institute at Rollins College
- The Winter Park Playhouse
- The Winter Park Public Art Advisory Board
8 Over 80, pages 24-28
— One of the most tangible examples of the creative culture inspired by the City of Winter Park and facilitated by the extensive programming of arts-oriented nonprofits within the city is the large number of artists of all ages who live and work there. We decided to feature 8 Over 80 as a way of highlighting the health, social and longevity benefits of creative engagement. Click on each of the artist’s names below to find out how you can learn more about their art. Note: not all the artists featured in this issue maintain website. Please contact Growing Bolder directly if you’d like to be put in touch with an artist not listed below.
The Takeaway, page 30
— Click here to listen to our Growing Bolder Radio conversation with Margery Pabst Steinmetz and learn more about her passion for the arts and creative caregiving.